This last Sunday was a good Sunday. We had 99 in attendance and 2 saved. It was the first week of our Superheroes series and people loved taking pictures with Captain America! This series has a lot of potential to be a “game changer” for our church. This coming week we are interviewing a guy in our church who has recently felt called to be a cottage parent at a boys/girls ranch. We’re praying that others will feel the call like him and take on a GOD sized dream for their lives.
The momentum we have built over the summer is amazing! God has continued to bless no matter what happens.
Coming Up Next Sunday
This coming Sunday is our BBQ and Baptism. There is a lot of excitement around it. Last month when we had our first BBQ and Baptism we had about 100, it was crazy! We are hoping for the same results!
Question of the Week
This last Sunday the Preacher told us about why Jesus is his favorite
Superhero. Could you give us the twelve reasons again?
MY FAVORITE SUPERHERO
THE REAL SUPERMAN, JESUS
Scripture Reading: John 21:25
Characteristics of a Super Hero
1. A Super Hero is extra-terrestrial.
– Jesus came down from heaven. (John 6:38)
2. A Super Hero has super human strength. (Luke 8:22-56)
a. Jesus had power over disasters. (V. 22-25)
b. Jesus had power over demons. (V. 26-40)
c. Jesus had power over disease. (V. 41-48)
d. Jesus had power over death. (V. 49-56)
3. A Super Hero has super human knowledge.
– Jesus knew what people were thinking. (Luke 6:8)
4. A Super Hero has super human presence.
– Jesus knew where people were. (John 1:48)
5. A Super Hero is respected by the masses.
– Jesus was so popular that He didn’t have time to eat and rest. (Mark 6:30-31)
6. A Super Hero is humble in spirit.
– Jesus described Himself as “meek and lowly.” (Matthew 11:29)
7. A Super Hero is morally good.
– Jesus was perfect. (II Corinthians 5:21)
8. A Super Hero does good.
– Jesus helped the poor, healed the broken, set the captives free, and opened the eyes of the blind. (Luke 4:18)
9. A Super Hero will attract enemies.
– Jesus was hated by the religious establishment. (John 11:45-48)
10. A Super Hero is fearless in the face of danger.
– Jesus started His ministry by upsetting the traditional religious system. (John 2:13-16)
11. A Super Hero gives himself to deliver others from evil.
– “Our Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for our sins that He might deliver us from this present evil age.” (Galatians 1:3-4)
12. A Super Hero does death-defying feats.
– Jesus defied death by rising again from the grave. (Revelation 1:18)
Conclusion: Jesus is the greatest Superhero. Anything else is second best!